CHRYSALIS: Conversations for Inner Transition also offers Group Experiential Workshops from the tradition of Joanna Macy and others. Called The Work That Reconnects, the workshops are designed to open us to receive the feedback messages from the world around us and to move into corrective action with deep purpose and intention.
These workshops are tailored to the individual group’s needs and facilitate removing our internal barriers to the Great Work before us through personal introspection, telling our truth and witnessing for one another. The exercises help us discover our innate radical interconnections in the web of life and open us to the knowledge we all carry about the state of our world. Such deep ways of knowing facilitate the reconnection of our purpose in life to what must now be done.
An Introduction to this deeply transformative work can consist of a few simple exercises done over the course of an evening. A fuller experience is possible with a more engaging length of time such as a day or a weekend.
For those involved with the Transition Town Movement, this is the ‘Heart and Soul’ of Transition.
The Goals of the Workshops
The central purpose of the Work that Reconnects is to help people uncover and experience their innate connections with each other and with the systemic, self-healing powers in the web of life, so that they may be enlivened and motivated to play their part in creating a sustainable civilization. In order to do this, we pursue these contributing goals:
- to provide people the opportunity to experience and share with others their innermost responses to the present condition of our world
- to reframe their pain for the world as evidence of their interconnectedness in the web of life, and hence of their power to take part in its healing
- to provide people with concepts–from systems science, deep ecology, or spiritual traditions–which illumine this power, along with exercises which reveal its play in their own lives
- to provide methods by which people can experience their interdependence with, their responsibility to, and the inspiration they can draw from past and future generations, and other life-forms
- to enable people to embrace the Great Turning as a challenge which they are fully capable of meeting in a variety of ways, and as a privilege in which they can take joy
- to bring people into mutual support and collaboration in working for the world
Claire is currently offering workshops lasting from a few hours to a full day. Please contact her to discuss your group’s specific request.
You can also request to be added to the Chrysalis Transitions email list so that you will be notified of workshops that Claire is hosting.